The Enumclaw Plateau Farmers’ Market (EPFM) FFA and 4H Interns will assist the Market Manager through an internship program available during the 2019 Market season and support the Market Mission. Primary support will take place during the Market operating hours each Thursday, 2:00pm to 8:00pm and occasional even EPFM Board meetings. The schedule will be determined collaboratively and approved by the Market Manager. At least one senior/junior and one sophomore/freshman will be selected each year, at the discretion of the EPFM Board.
Internship responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Market Manager with set-up and break-down of the Farmers’ Market on Thursdays.
- Supporting the EPFM Information Table.
- Assist the EPFM Market Manager with vendor support, cooking demos, and other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- EPFM board will work with the Enumclaw High School FFA Program and Enumclaw area 4H leaders to provide the Intern recognition under the EHS work study/experience programs.
- EPFM could be used as a SAE project.
- No cost space for intern to sell items at the market, with the approval of the Manager.
- Gifted a scholarship at the end of a successful internship program completion.
- The Intern will also have the opportunity to develop and suggest new ideas and programs for the Farmers Market.
How to Apply
E-mail your cover letter with at least a 300 word essay explaining why you would like to work with the Enumclaw Plateau Farmers’ Market and what qualifications that supports this position. Provide a statement from both your FFA advisor or 4H leader and your parent(s) in support of your application. Please include your contact information, as well as parents’/guardians’ and FFA advisor’s or 4H leaders’. Your FFA advisor/4H leader will be notified by the EPFM selection committee regarding the outcome of the review process.
For best consideration, submit your application by December 1, 2018. The position(s) will remain open until filled.
Any questions please contact EPFM.