The 2023 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) enrollment is OPEN through MAY 19! The SFMNP will provide low-income seniors with a new $80 card (voucher checks have been discontinued) that can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at participating King County farmers market locations. This one-time distribution increases access to local produce while supporting local farms. Funding for this program comes from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
When can I apply?
- Application enrollment period is Now – Friday, May 19, 2023.
Who is eligible?
- 60 years or older (Native American/Alaska Native 55+) by June 30, 2023
- Live in King County
- $26,973 annual or $2,248 monthly income for one (1) person.
- $36,482 annual or $3,040 monthly income for two (2) person.
- For larger households, add $792 for each additional person
How to apply: NEW Online continues in 2023!
- Complete the online application form beginning April 10. You may complete the online form on behalf of your client, with your client’s consent.
- Clients should not apply more than once, duplicate applications will be removed!
- Refer clients to call Community Living Connections: 1-844-348-5464 or 206-962-8467 to assist with online enrollment if needed.
How to apply: Other options
- Paper applications can be downloaded from the website beginning April 10. If you assist seniors virtually, please sign your client’s name on signature line, sign and print your name and include your agency and contact information, so that there is a reference if any questions arise.
- Mail application to: Seattle Farmers Market Nutrition Program, 140 Lakeside Ave, Suite A-180, Seattle, WA 98122. Applications must be post marked by Friday, May 19, 2023.
- Do not apply more than once, duplicate application will be removed!
Where can I find information?
- Information can be found on the website or call Community Living Connections: 1-844-348-5464 or 206-962-8467
Please share and include the 2023 SFMNP program information in your upcoming newsletters and community announcements!
Cards (one per eligible person) will be mailed to the selected applicants in July. A random selection process of eligible participants will occur if needed. Please note: this program is for seniors that live in King County, seniors residing in other areas in Washington will need to contact the Area Agency on Aging in their region to apply. Each county establishes their own specific enrollment process and dates to enroll, please request program details. The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program has statewide program information listed on the DSHS website.